Monday, March 11, 2013

DIY Charm Bracelet


I love the look of Juicy Couture’s mixed charm bracelets, but I just cant bring myself to pay 80.00 for the. So, I made my own!


For this bracelet,  I chose three varying sizes of chain and a contrasting piece of leather, but you could use ribbon, embroidery thread, or even a strip of fabric if you’d prefer for your bracelet to be vegan friendly.

Basically I just threaded the smaller chains through the larger one, anchoring them at the end with a tiny jump-ring finding. 

Then I braided the leather around the smaller chains. This took a little trial and error, trying to figure out how I wanted the leather to weave through the other chains. I wanted the bracelet to look a little more polished, so I kept the weave pretty consistent, but you could make it random to give it a little more edge. 

To finish it off, I connected a finding to each end. I didn’t actually have findings in the same tone as the chains, so I used small silver fasteners, then threaded the leather over the top of them so they would be hidden when I tied the bow.


I left mine at this, but you could add on your own charms to make it a bit more personal!

No comments:

Post a Comment